When it comes to baking, it doesn't matter whether you're an
acclaimed pastry chef or a home cook—accuracy is everything. There's a science
to baking and, though it can be tricky to master, once you've got the right
tools and knowledge to work with, it's easy to whip up deliciously perfect
- Get to know your recipe before starting.
- Make sure you have all the ingredients
because you cannot substitute ingredients unlike other kinds of cooking. Baking
demands accuracy and care.
- Use good tools and correct pan sizes.
- Use the
type of pan specified in the recipe. Assemble all the bowls, pans, and utensils
you will need on your counter or work table before starting. Use standard
measuring cups and spoons to avoid mistakes.
- Know your
- Be sure
your ingredients are fresh and of the finest quality. And never miss mentioned
- Timing is everything.
- But timing isn't always about watching the
clock. If a recipe clearly notes which ingredients should be added when, it's
best to follow the indicated order.
- Rotate the Pans during Baking
- This will ensure even baking. Every oven
has a hot spot, and if you don’t correct for it, you run the risk of unevenly
cooked pastries—or worse, some that burn or wind up under baked.
- Use a Pastry Brush to Butter the Pans.
- Each type of baking has difference methods of
performing the mixing. Mix carefully.
- Use correct oven temperatures. Never increase a
cooking temperature because you are in a hurry. Make sure the racks are placed
properly before heating the oven.
What are you waiting for, start bake like a pro !!!